15 Delicious Ways You Can Use Matcha
There’s a bunch of super creative uses for matcha green tea. Yup, we hear matcha lovers rejoice! The popular powdered green tea has entered the mainstream for all good reasons. It’s been loved by many because of its earthy sweet taste, as well as the good things it does for the body.
Unsweetened matcha green tea drink is best because there’s no added sugar. Some people are put off by its grassy taste though, so if you want something sweeter, you can opt to use natural sweeteners and add moderate amounts only. That’s if you really want to reap the potential benefits of green tea.
Now if you are feeling a little more experimental or if you want to try something new, not to mention score an extra dose of anti-oxidants, there are several food recipes that make good use of matcha! You already know about matcha latte or smoothie. Take a look at these ideas. For sure, you will love at least one or two of these.
1. Seasoning for side dishes – If you are fond of side dishes, sprinkle matcha powder instead of salt, pepper, or other spices. You can also experiment and mix it with other spices and see if it comes out tasty for you.
2. Miso soup – This traditional Japanese soup can be prepared in many ways depending on the chef. Usually, there are vegetables and meat. The soup can be salty. Try adding matcha powder to counter the saltiness.
3. Chicken tenders – Mix matcha powder with panko (in Japanese cooking) or breadcrumbs that have light and flaky texture. Just do the usual routine of drenching the chicken tender in seasoned flour, then egg, then the matcha + panko mixture. Delicious when baked!
4. Chicken or pork curry – Easy! Just add matcha powder to your spices, and cook as usual.
5. Matcha Granola Bars – If you want a new kind of boost before doing your daily activities, start preparing your matcha granola bars. These will be a runner’s delight for sure.
6. Matcha Oatmeal – We mean yes! Matcha might have a strange taste for some, and you might not like it at all in your oatmeal but just try and see how it goes out. Add a sweetener if you must!
7. Matcha Chia Seeds Pudding – This one’s famous. No need for fancy equipment; just a little patience to wait it out while it’s sitting in the fridge to achieve its creamy and thick texture. This is perfect for breakfast or snacks.
8. Homemade Ice Cream & Ice Pops – This one’s even more famous! You will see matcha-flavored ice cream and ice pops in most stores nowadays. When you chance upon really good ones, you’re in for a never-ending adventure. You’d want to recreate and make your own for daily consumption. LOL
9. Sandwich Spread – So have you heard of this? This certainly exists! Think matcha milk jam, matcha milk peanut spread, and matcha cream cheese spread. Go ahead and google those!
10. Guacamole – Two very trendy foods today: matcha and avocado. What more can you ask for? Yup, quick and easy. Best for dips and salads. Holy guacamole!
11. Matcha Rice – Are you a rice person? This might interest you! It’s pretty much like adding matcha flavor to your rice. Go try it!
12. Matcha Jello – Perfect snacks for kids and kids at heart. Matcha Jello or jell-o makes a good dessert in your home.
13. Matcha Popcorn – Love popcorn? Now you can have a healthier version of your movie marathon snack. Add matcha powder instead of cheese for a change.
14. Ice cubes – Yes to matcha ice cubes! You’re probably familiar of coffee ice cubes, milk, or whatnot. Add matcha to the list. It’s a perfect addition to your cocktail drinks, lemonades, or juices.
15. Sweet treats & baked goods – There are a ton of these that you can make. Thanks to the ever versatile matcha. If you’re tired of your usual ingredients, spice up your baking life by having matcha as your new staple. Here are some ideas.
Ice cream sandwich
Yey, are you ready to make your own matcha-infused recipe? Now go and enjoy!